Tuesday 2 April 2013

Untitled


I made a void.
I collected my miseries.
I collected my pain.
I collected my melancholy.
And I threw it away.

I made a void.
I brushed away the dirt.
I brushed away the sand.
I brushed away the dust.
And it all flew away.

When I realized,
My golden tongue was not a gold,
Sold by a seller who sells to the dying.
I realized my golden tongue,
Did not posses enchantments,
Nor did it posses charms,
Nor did it posses spells.

I am a mere child, who enjoys the union,
Of the pen and the page.
I am a mere child, and I do apologize,
For not being endowed,
With the power of the magician,
Who leaves his audience,
With a little less air.

To further elucidate:
I am sonnet 29, by the great Shakespeare,
Without the turn,
Or the great.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, so real and well written. Keep writing. The union of the pen and page, that is a good line.

    ReplyDelete