Saturday 22 June 2013

I am None.


If this is my time, take me now.
I’ve only felt this moment in my bones,
Deep within my filaments,
In every corner of my very Dark.
And when you take me,
I want to feel the terror of my soul,
Tearing from every corner it had once been crafted to.
I want to feel every inch of every wince of every cut.
And I only deserve more.
Do not let me rest,
Do not let me breathe,
Do not let me hold on to a stretch of a single line of happiness—
I deserve less.
And take this as the message of my parting:
I am sorry, but do not forgive me.
I’ve done so many wrongs,
And I’ve hurt too many Rights,
I’ve broken so many hearts,
And I’ve mended no bonds.
I’ve been a Wrong, and I’ve lived as a Wrong,
I am sorry for all that I have done, but please do not forgive me.
When my funeral comes, you may let me rot.
You may burn my photographs, and all my clothes
You may destroy my bedroom; you may burn my books.
You may burn my sheets and all my pillows.
Take my terrible poetry, and all my stories and throw them away.
Because I have treated those that I have loved,
Like I’ve never loved them at all.
And I yelled, and I broke, and I put no blame.
And I am lesser than less, and I will love you in my death.
So in this parting, and after reading this:
I hope you understand,
That I am I’m sorry for loving in all the wrong ways.
So if it is my time, please take me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment